Christ Lutheran School, at a moments notice, shifted learning from in-person to online in 7 days in March of 2020, providing exceptional instruction when most schools stayed closed. In the fall of 2020, Christ Lutheran was granted a waiver to have in-person classes. At that time, we made major modifications to our campus and policies to ensure students could learn safely in their cohorts from experienced teachers.
We are committed to providing in-person instruction that fosters the overall health of students, staff, and the community we serve. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan is based on evidence that is currently available, and will be monitored and changed accordingly as new information or situations arise. In creating this plan, Christ Lutheran School has carefully considered the available guidelines and will lean most heavily on the medical advice from the American Academy of Pediatrics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the California Department of Public Health.
As a brief overview, here is some of what you can expect at Christ Lutheran School.
- Transparency regarding the school’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Distance Learning will be made available
- Physical Distancing, even in small & stable, cohorts
- Face coverings and other essential protective gear will be worn
- Cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation will be a priority
- Heath screenings for students and staff at the beginning of each day
- Healthy hygiene practices taught and reinforced throughout the day.
- COVID-19 testing of staff and students
To find out more about our plan, please refer to the helpful documents below.